IGCSE Design & Tech: Showing Problem Solving in Design

It is without saying that all of the products we will end up making will have some type of issue. This has certainly happened to me, as I had to go through several redesigns and adjusted the way components were allocated inside. Problem solving is a key skill that I and other designers need to have, to adjust when necessary.

I feel that I did demonstrate and emphasize my ability to problem solve in C4, with the many different design variations I produced, as well as C5, when I had a finished design which I wanted to pursue. This was where I changed my design to solve an issue which I had with 2 broken LEDs, and the changing of the design to exclude the PIR which was going to be too complicated and incompatible with the circuit I had for the lamp.

C4 Prototype drawings with the PIR still slated to be added\

C5 development with the removed PIR and 3 LEDs

One thought on “IGCSE Design & Tech: Showing Problem Solving in Design

1. abrah14531@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg says:

Your development prototypes are quite nice and aesthetically pleasing as well as you’re finished product . You have demonstrated good problem-solving skills. If you knew the problems you were going to have at the start, what would you have done differently?