Reflections

Guest Speakers

Within the UWC Community, many individuals are passionate about mental health and the concepts surrounding the general idea of what menstrual health is worldwide. During one of our sessions, we were fortunate to have two guest speakers share their voices on the topic,...

World Menstrual Health Day

Today is World Menstrual Health Day! Today I have been reminded of the freedoms I gain from having access to menstrual products, including daily activities like exercising and going to school. I am so blessed that I, along with the rest of my school community,...

Purchasing Human Rights

This article first appeared in the 2021 edition of the Humanities Insider Magazine. It is written by Grade 9 student Reina Kawabata. -------------- In Nepal, at particular times of a month, women are forced into menstruation huts. This takes away their right to be in...

Zoom call with Yi Wen

On Sunday, Brooke, Ran, and I had a great conversation with Yi Wen. Yi Wen is from UWC Changshu, China. She had contacted us as she saw our GEP portfolio after her teacher recommended it. She said she was having issues in her school regarding destigmatizing periods in...

Inclusive Language

Our group read this article called "Women slam Tampax over tweet celebrating the 'diversity of all people who bleed' amid calls for boycott" from Mail Online, which talked about the use of language when it comes to talking about menstruation. Recently, there has been...

Grade 12 Reflections

Noshin: Being a part of GEP has been one of the most enriching experiences in the ten years I have spent at UWCSEA East. From the moment I learned about the issues that GEP centered around — menstrual shaming and period poverty — I knew I couldn’t stand by and allow...

COVID-19 Update

The week we transitioned to online school we began setting up meetings to continue our work in GEP! Luckily, most of our projects were able to be continued online. We have continued to meet together at the beginning of the meeting for a debrief, and split off into our...

AGM

At the Annual General Meeting, Shrishti and I presented our accomplishments this year and our hopes for the next school year. Even though this event is only mandatory for Global Concerns, we believe this was a great opportunity for us to celebrate our progress, as...