PSE personality type

After doing the 16 personalities test, my personality type came out as the defender. The defender is to quote “quite unique, as many of their qualities defy the definition of their individual traits.” The defender believes in being kind to others and are often found in jobs where social work is involved such as medicine or charities.

I got 51% introverted versus 49% extroverted. I have always thought I was much more extroverted than I am introverted. This survey made me realize that I hold both traits quite equally as I value my relationships with spending time with my friends yet I also value time with myself to relax.

The defender type is defined as a true altruist who is quite selfless and cares for the well-being of the people around them. I think this is quite accurate as I always think about how my actions and words would affect other people rather than just myself. “Defenders are the backbone of the modern workforce.” It is said to be the most well-suited personality to work in a career in which you are to be of service to others. Defenders are unlikely to brag or show off their accomplishments which I can relate to as I don’t like to steer a conversation towards myself.

A weakness In being a defender personality type is that they have a problem with generating new ideas, however I would disagree with this for myself as I feel that I am creative when I use my inspiration to help me with ideas. Another weakness of being a defender is that they take things to seriously and make impersonal things quite personal. I can relate to this as I do take things too personally at times.