Personal Statement

At the end of the school year, I would have been at UWC for 2 years. UWC is also my first international school. Being in an international school allows me to participate in my activities and trips.

I signed up for preseason netball and YMCA. I also went for a geography field trip for my coursework and went out for lunch as a chinese new year outing. I met new people and became close to others which was nice. I have learnt new skills such as cooperating and being patient with others and become more confident.

Right after the October break, we had our mocks which I found fairly useful as it was a practice run of how the actual exams were going to take place. It also tested my knowledge of what I know and what I can improve on.

Outside of school, I sail with my parents and sister on our trimaran every week. We either cruise or go racing. I love being on the boat as it makes me feel free. I love the feeling of the wind and the seawater spraying on my face.

However, due to COVID-19, it has cancelled many of plans. IGCSE was cancelled (which was good because I could start relaxing in March instead of June but bad as I was working hard to improve on my grades). It also cancelled school. Which meant that I couldn’t see my friends. Grade 10 is the year where people go to other countries to study. Some of my friends are moving away and this meant that I couldnt say goodbye. What this has taught me is that time is precious and we should spend it wisely. To not argue with one another and to make lots of memories.