Global Perspectives – Studying GPERS has allowed me to Consider Issues that I have never really Thought about Before

18.01.18

Studying GPERS has allowed me to Consider Issues that I have never really Thought about Before

In class today, Aarohi, Julienne, and Arjun told me about their summative assessment essays and what they wrote about, Julienne wrote about the Yulin Dog Eating festival. The Yulin “Lychee and Dog Meat” festival is an annual 10-day event where over 10,000 dogs are eaten. Activists have reported that the dogs are slaughtered inhumanly. Julienne explained that they kidnap the dogs from their homes. I didn’t know this had been happening in China. Julienne went on to talking about how meat eaters breed and kill chickens/ cows, and this is what the supporters thought and didn’t think what they did was any different. She then talked about her perspective on this issue; she agrees that we (meat eaters) breed and then eat chickens/cows, etc. but she is against kidnapping and killing the dogs inhumanly. In GPERS, we talk about many different perspectives and issues that I may have never thought in depth about before or/and have never even heard of. It is very interesting to learn about different perspectives on an issue and to talk about both sides of the story.

One thought on “Global Perspectives – Studying GPERS has allowed me to Consider Issues that I have never really Thought about Before

1. It was really nice to see your perspective and also specific information you thought was interesting. I was able to easily understand your thinking on how GPERS can be an opportunity to look into issues that you’ve never seen before.