After Exam Reflection

My Blob Tree

a) If you could do anything differently next time what will it be?

I spent weeks practicing for the maths exam with the help of my tutor. However, I didn’t put in as much effort as I think I should have until it was about a week before the exam. If I had, I think I would have performed a lot better in the exam. This is something I would like to do differently next time. I would also practice techniques I had previously learnt and thought were easy next time for the exams. This was one of the mistakes I had made as I had forgotten how to do HCL.

b) If you could only remember two things from this exam process in the future what would they be?

c) What would you tell yourself next year when you do the actual IGCSE exam?

To practice weeks in advance before the exam comes. It helps you retain what you’ve learnt the past couple of years as well as builds up confidence and it can help reduce stress levels. I would also advise myself to do more past exams within the given time as it can help improve speed as well as helps us to be used to doing tests under pressure.

d) What was the most interesting aspect of the course so far?

e) What was the most important thing you learnt? Why?

f) How do you recognise when you have done well in this test?

g) What was the most challenging aspect and why? How can you use the skills you learnt in the future?

Some challenging techniques I learnt this year was the simple and compound interest. I found it hard and really confusing. But with time and lots of practice, I had found it a lot easier to do. This technique will help in the future when you want to invest money into a bank.

h) If maths were a sport in the Olympics what would it be?