Culturama: Mongolia – First Run Through

Culturama Mongolia- First Run Through 

Above is a video of our first run through of the dance. I am the dancer that is furthest to the left. I believe that it was very challenging for me as this year’s Culturama is the first dance I will perform in High School as I have not been very confident with my dancing abilities but CAS has given me the chance to step out of my comfort zone. I also got the chance to develop my dance skills.

I really enjoyed learning the steps as the only dance I have taken part in were tap, Bollywood and ballet when I was about 7 years old. The theme of the Mongolia dance is so different from anything I have ever done and infact, it is very different from something I have ever seen being performed. The steps were challenging for me to get the hang of and remember, this can be seen in the video as I make a few mistakes but I do learn from them. I still do not know all the steps by heart and stumble on a few of the harder steps but that is apart of the learning journey. I feel like I am progressing as an individual through the challenges I am facing throughout the dance but by making these mistakes, I am getting the chance to get specific improvement strategies and goals in order to enhance my dance abilities and my confidence in my own body as I am not the most comfortable in my body. Through the dance I believe that I’m discovering more about my own strengths and how to enhance my weaknesses to transform them into strengths. Through practise every week as well as some brief practise at home, I am closer to memorizing all the steps and being able to dance them with full confidence than ever before and I’m truly proud of my own progress.

Learning Objective 2 – Demonstrate that challenges have been undertaken, developing new skills in the process.