Reflection – What I need to improve on + Next steps

Essay writing

I always struggle with the structure of the essay when I have a time limit. I usually end up making points that aren’t related to the topic statement. Next time, I should create a plan in the first ten minutes or so that includes my topic statements and sentences as well as the quotes I want to use. In addition, If I use more of my time to create a cohesive plan, my analysis and evaluation will also improve. 

Approaches to Learning (Self Management, Collaboration, Communication)

Self Management

– I hand in my work on time. However, I sometimes don’t leave enough time to finish my homework and end up producing something I’m not so proud of.

– For each assignment, I keep track of what I did wrong on a document so I can refer to it and hopefully improve the next time.

Collaboration

– I talk more in smaller groups, although I might talk less if it’s someone I’m not very comfortable with.

– I make sure to listen and respond accordingly

Communication

– I listen in class and discussions although I’m very aware of how little I contribute.

– I express most of my ideas in written work

Although I could improve in all areas, I think communication is the main area I should work on. I will actively listen in discussions as well as try to add my own perspectives.