TEDx – hopes and expectations –

TEDx shares the mission, “ideas worth spreading” and it is a TED talk event organised by a community individually. UWCSEA is going to hold one in January, run by the teachers and students who are a member of the TEDx club. The theme for this year is “peace by piece” and every speaker who is going to present that day is going to be talking based on this theme.

I am going to be one of the executive members for this event, and will be organising and helping other branches such as communication, advertisement and so on. I expect my leadership skills as well as my communication skill to be improved through this experience, and learn the ‘behind the scenes’ of events. Not only that, but also I am very thrilled to be part of this club because I love watching TED talks and they inspire me every time, therefore I really look forward for the actual event, and be inspired by the guest speakers, as well as students who are going to be speaking that day.

I think there are going to be some difficult roads, because we will have to advertise to the students to present for the event, which is the major goal for this year. I think it is going to be tough because a lot of the high school students are going to be busy with their IB work, and reject the amazing opportunity, however, I think their reaction is going to change depending on our approach, so I want to put effort in advertising the opportunity to the students.

To conclude, I am very excited to be a member of this club and organising the event with others, since I am sure it will help me grow and improve as a person, and will be able to take leadership skills.

LO2 : Demonstrate that challenges have been undertaken, developing new skills in the process

LO3 : Demonstrate how to initiate and plan a CAS experience

LO5 : Demonstrate the skills and recognise the benefits of working collaboratively