The Execution: 

Following constant communication, the stop motion was effectively carried out. Some parts of the process were interrupted due to my partner’s absence and we hence faced some difficulties in the flow of events. This hindered parts of the process such as stalled completion of the slides, however we were eventually able to work through it and complete all required parts of the work through communicating and understanding the needs of the work.

What could have been done better?

Looking back, it was probably best that work was done outside the Digital Perspectives class as well as we only got limited time to work on our plan during class hours. I was able to bring a solid foundation to most of the stop motion video in addition to kicking off the project as a whole by providing the basic plan by which we abided. The shooting of the stop motion was a collaborative effort with many creative tweaks made to the initial plan hence giving rise to a well rounded stop motion. Though in the end we felt that more scenes could’ve been added to increase the length of the stop motion; the video emerged out to be quite good since we had garnered all the required pictures and scenes.

How did I do as a partner?

I do believe that I was a reliable partner as I had completed all of my parts within time and in some ways proactively. I also  believe however, that increased communication may have contributed to a smoother process.

Click Here to Watch my Video! 📹

How well was the original text (Slide 4) interpreted and conveyed?

I strongly feel that the original message intended in the vignette text was effectively conveyed through the stop-motion. The text held emotions of distress, gloominess, and fragility. Most of which have been conveyed either through the visual elements of the video or the actions of the character.

The text essentially described the visual scene of a child hiding behind curtains to save themselves from the wrath of the storm and then eventually realising that the curtain was no shield fit for the task and then seeking refuge under the warmth and strength of a wooden table. In my opinion, the stop-motion conveyed this text perfectly as in addition to the use of visual elements and effective use of transitions, the audio was also used to compliment the mood of the video.

Looking back at the the original rational set, I do maintain hasn’t strayed too far away from the original thought process being it all. Firstly, the audience will most likely comprehend that vulnerability as hold a lotto emotional significance in the moment and the melancholic tone is set with effects of rain and the character actions and movements of distress. Dialogue has not been used for the same above mentioned reason as to not change the deep tone of the video. And finally the peculiarity of hiding under a table in a house away from the rain will surely raise some questions to the audience hence directing them to the original text which will help them answer their question as to why or if the film is deeper than it is shown to be.

The Outcome

I am rather pleased with the outcome and this will remain as a good experience with stop motion for me. I am eager to experiment with more elements of stop motion in the future!