Following several weeks of planning and preparation, my partner and I finally completed the podcast partner challenge.  The preparation consisted of several steps and intricate planning, however with the right amount of perseverance and hard work we were able to collaboratively complete our podcast. The ideas that I read about in this article were similar to our work ethics.

The article expressed ideas that aligned with how perseverance and grit are far more important than skillsets and that one can achieve a lot with just the two.

A quote which I found particularly striking and resonant form this article was: “Usually, we answer these questions by talking about the talent of top performers.”, the quote continues citing a few examples of comparisons that run” in our head whit similar thoughts. And ends of stating that: “your intelligence don’t play nearly as big of a role as you might think”.

This was very relatable to myself and upon a discussion with my partner, I found that she agreed as well. We often find ourselves in the constant cycle of wondering how we aren’t “born with it” or how we can never be “as good as them” when in reality all it takes is extra effort.

It was also interesting to find that during our podcast process we used similar methods when w were stuck. At times we experienced hurdles but all we required to conquer them was a small discussion and realigning our course of action. This is similar to when the article says “Mentally tough people don’t have to be more courageous, more talented, or more intelligent — just more consistent.”.

Mental toughness isn’t about getting an incredible dose of inspiration or courage. It’s about building the daily habits that allow you to stick to a schedule and overcome challenges and distractions over and over and over again.

A line which stuck with me and will continue to is “In other words, talent is overrated.”, and I find this so important as we are constantly thrown unrealistic examples that we will never be able to fully compare to.

During the editing process of the podcast, I was a bit lost as to how certain actions were to be carried out. However, the issue was that I perceived it to be easy and that I was supposed to complete it in a jiffy.  However, when I made myself understand that I need to work through it slowly and take as much time as it requires I was able to perform better. With the help of my partner, this was one of the obstacles that I overcame.

Upon reviewing the partner agreement we found that we stuck to most of the claims we made. With the exception of working overtime, as due to both of our commitments, we were unable to make time out of school to work on our podcast. However, we did not find the requirement to work overtime as all our work went as per schedule.

What I required the most from my partner was support and reliance which my partner was able to supply for the most part.

The most important tool of the Swiss knife in our challenge was the scissor for cutting out distractions. As not only was the basis of the challenge we chose but it was also an essential part of our editing process.