Culturama Committee (initial reflection)

Culturama has always been something that has intrigued me, but I have never joined it. So this year, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and signup to be a part of the Culturama committee’s audio team. I have never been part of a committee member in a large showcase before and was worried at first, but receiving guidance from my partner has helped me feel at ease.

Right now, I am still at the stage of discussing ideas with my partner in the audio team, and we have decided that I would work on helping to compose a medley for the beginning and ending of the showcase. I will soon start researching and sourcing music to use in the final medley. Another aspect that we are focusing closely on in this Culturama is to not appropriate cultures, and this will also require much research to ensure this doesn’t happen. It will also be important to plan our manage our schedule as we do not have much time until the date of the actual show.

Though I have background in DJing, mixing musics from different completely different genres and countries is a new experience for me, and will be a challenge as well. However, I feel that this challenge will help me learn new skills in the process, and will also help me gain new understanding of music of different cultures. This will also at the same time, help to improve my own skills at learning to mix music together.

I am excited to contribute and work towards making this year’s Culturama a success, while at the same time developing my own skills.

LO3-Demonstrate how to initiate and plan a CAS experience.

LO1 – Identify their own strengths and develop areas for growth.

Written on September 26 2021