Football U19A (initial reflection)

Football has been an activity I have participated in almost every year since I first joined the school in grade 2 and is an activity I also pursue outside of school.

We have football training 3 times a week, including morning training. Going to every training session shows my commitment towards football. Along with this, participating in this activity almost every year since grade 2, even when I wasn’t in the A team, shows my commitment to football and my passion for it.

Football is a sport that requires high levels of collaboration between players and their coaches. Having done this sport for a long time, I understand the importance of building good team chemistry and collaborating with your team. I have also worked with many players in the team previously, which further helps me understand why collaboration and working as a team is so important, especially in a team sport like football.

Having played football for a long time, I recognise my strengths and weaknesses. My position is a defender so defending and preventing others from scoring is one of my strengths. Communicating with teammates is something that I have working extremely hard on this year and something that I feel has become a lot stronger in the past few weeks. An area for growth is shooting as I don’t get many chances to shoot the ball.

Though I am not sure if we will get a chance to play against other schools, I am excited to continue training with my team and improving on my football skills.

LO4-Show commitment and perseverance in CAS experiences.

LO5-Demonstrate the skills and recognise the benefits of working collaboratively.

LO1-Identify their own strengths and develop areas for growth.

Written on Septmber 26 2021