Dance Showcase (final reflection)

A challenge that I took through this service was dancing in front of a big crowd on people. Though this wasn’t the first time dancing in front of a crowd, we hadn’t been able to do a live danceshowcase in 2 years so we were all nervous to some extent. However, we all quickly got over the nervous phase and were able to dance like we had practiced, if not better.

Because I was dancing in a partner dance, working collaboratively was even more important in this dance. My partner and I were able to communicate well with each other and understand each other very well. This final sequence of the dance, which was a dance consisting of everyone in the group, also required everyone to collaboratively dance together. This was done through practice and ensuring that everyone had the timing right.

I was able to develop my skills regarding stage confidence, which is an important skill to have, especially because it is a skill that can has a wide range of application.

LO2-Demonstrate that challenges have been undertaken, developing new skills in the process.

LO5-Demonstrate the skills and recognise the benefits of working collaboratively.