Urban Gardening (mid-point reflection 3)

Leading Urban Gardening with the new batch of students from G9 has been going pretty well. Now that I am more familiar with things like how to lead a group for Urban Gardening, the flow of a typical session, and about gardening knowledge, each session has become more comfortable to easier to lead. Though I still have lots of gardening knowledge to learn and leadership skills to learn, I know that have come a long way since first joining this service.

A project that my partner and I have been working on would be the Potted plants project. In this project, we work with G11s during wellness Wednesdays in mentor time to teach about how easy and accessible gardening can be, as well as teach skills about how to propagate a plant from a cutting. Another aim we had through this project was for people to be more aware of our service, as well as to encourage the use of the beautiful rooftop garden we have to both students and mentors. This project has been really well with half of the mentor groups having completed their sessions.

We also a session where had a photographer come in to take some photos of our service.

Potted plants project planning document