First timed Paper 1 reflection

I consider my first ‘real’ timed Paper 1 practice as not the best of my work, but as a very first attempt, not so bad. When I think back about what I did and how I felt during writing the text, I can say that I really liked the analysed advertisement and enjoyed the first approximately 10 minutes of the exam time, when I made my notes on the text. 

To my mind, I found the main points  and characteristics of the ad, but later on, when I actually started writing my analysis, I made some mistakes, and due them, at the end, my piece of work was not well structured enough, so I ran out of time and could not finish writing down my observations and conclusions.

In my opinion, the most important thing I’ve learned from my mistakes and the feedback from my teacher is that next time, I should write a sketch of my main points and topic sentences before start writing the analysis. It would help me to make my work more consistent, and, since I would know my main point I’d like to write about, my analysis could be deeper. Furthermore, it also would help me to be able to complete everything within the given time.

In conclusion, I know where to improve and how, so I can’t wait to do the next Paper 1 practice!