Throughout this course, I think I have grown as a learner, beginning to really enjoy reading literary texts, as well as looking at different global issues from several perspectives. I’ve really enjoyed learning more and broadening my understanding of different conceptual ideas, such as identity, culture, beliefs, values and education! My approach to English class has also changed significantly from G9 where I used to somewhat procrastinate English work and I didn’t fully appreciate each of the texts we studied. Now, I feel like I understand how to structure my writing more and how to enjoy the macro ideas of a text before simply analysing all of the techniques!
How to Survive English Lit:
- Revise several days beforehand!
- Memorise several techniques to analyse!
- Work on structuring essays and writing succinctly!
- Fully understand the text before analysing!
- Don’t procrastinate on writing your essay homework!