Skills/ Qualities- Likes/ Dislikes

The person that I admire the most is the person who I always look up to as my role model. This person has inspired me to be who I am and to have an aim in life. Some of his skills and qualities are:

1. Leadership
  2. Collaboration
  3. Honesty
  4. Commitment and Passion 
  5. Good Communicator 
  6. Empathy
  7. Confidence
  8. Optimism 
  9. Positive attitude

I want to develop all the skills/qualities that I have mentioned above but mostly I want to develop the skills and qualities that are in bold within myself.  I want to develop leadership skills so that I can positively interact  with the people around me, listen to their problems and feedbacks, motivate others and develop positive human relation skills. I also want to develop commitment and passion  for what I am doing. The person I admire always shows his full commitment to his work and he shows his passion by doing work that has always benefited the people.  I feel that commitment and passion are one of the most important key factors that we need in our lives to perform better, achieve goals and aims, build team work and to show that you believe in the work that you are doing and that it is important to you. Being a Good Communicator is also very vital. I want to develop this skill as well so that I am able to communicate my message effectively to the people or to my team and avoid having error in communication. Words have the power to motivate people and if you have good communication skills you can motivate others to think creatively and have a goal in their lives. Empathy is something that we should have within ourselves. If one doesn’t have inborn empathy, it will be hard to develop. As far as I know, the person I admire have strong empathy to the people. He always listen to peoples’ thoughts and feelings and look at their situations from different perspectives. He then tries to solve their problems and help them overcome their hardships. And this is what I also want to work on so that I can improve as I grow.

Some of the skills/qualities that I dislike about a person are:

1. Clumsy
  2. Disorganised 
  3. Greedy
  4. Not being thoughtful
  5. Intolerant 
  6. Irresponsible

I want to avoid all of them because I don’t like having one of those qualities within myself. I don’t like people who are not organised with the things they do because I feel that being disorganised leads to lack of awareness of what is happening around us.  It can often lead to problems and also when we are disorganised we keep things to do it later and we eventually forget them. Also being intolerant can cause lots of problems and misunderstanding between a partner or a group which is not good at all. It can lead to breaking of relationships and ineffective collaboration/teamwork with people. Thus, I want to avoid being intolerant. On the other hand, being Irresponsible shows the lack of leadership and commitment. It also shows a weak part of your personality  to others and because of that people can perceive you as unreliable and not capable of what you are asked to do. Therefore, I want to avoid all these qualities and look up to the qualities of the person I like so that I can become a better human being.

Posted in PSE