IFP Reflection #3

# LO 3

• Initiative For Peace has always been one of the creativities/activities that I liked from the beginning. It has helped me to understand conflict and how it can be solved easily in my day to day lives in the boarding house and at school.  Through the sessions, I have come to understand how one can easily avoid conflict when it is right in front of them or take part in the conflict and try to solve it together. In addition to that, I have learned the importance of collaboration, communication, attitude, compassion, empathy and action. And using that,  how to initiate a small conference that can help others’ understand the meaning of peace and importance of reducing conflicts in our day to day lives. Also after watching some videos about judgement, forgiving and world conflict, I have come to realise that forgiving is one of the ways to bring peace but it is also one of the hardest thing an individual can do. Therefore, I have also started practising forgiving and empathy. On the other hand, judging a person without knowing their reason is like defining who you are by judging them. Thus, we should never judge a person without knowing them. 
  • One of the sessions that brought a strong effect on myself  was coming up with ideas in groups to lead a small conference with the grade 5s. Though my group was not chosen, the chosen group’s idea was amazing and I think it was an effective way to easily convey the message to the grade 5s. This group work collaborating with the grade 5s made me realise how one can perceive the definition of peace even though they know the situation around them. And this is due to their greed of wanting more and keeping the happiness only within themselves which is being selfish. However, some of them have shown the empathy towards the poor group and they even debated against the group with money about being equal and showing empathy, thus, it is one of the ways of establishing peace. I have learned a lot from them and I also think that they have learned more from the session that we have conducted with them. I hope to learn more so that I can lead conferences in the future. 

group discussion ideas

Posted in CAS