The Journey of Lifetime – Text 2
How might you edit your work to maintain precise vocabulary, spelling, grammar?
- Study the use of literary devices and alternative vocabulary from the resources on the OLP
- careful on writing choice of vocabularies and grammar . –> not making simple mistakes
How might you identify ideas/themes being developed and create a clear thesis centered on theme?
- Read the text – understand- identify what the author is trying to tell the readers (bigger theme) – then connect with one of the 7 concepts or Global issues- come up with thesis strands.
How might you unpack the text type conventions of the core story/ articles to help connect them to ideas/theme?
- By looking into how the text type (eg: article) features affect the story of the author.
- Eg: looking into (knowledge from news, media, bias) and how does that affect the intended audience
How might you avoid simply providing a summary of the article and create insightful analysis?
- commenting more on the diction, style or tone, noticing for example the use of personification or anthropomorphism, of sensationalism, hyperbole, humour
Connecting bigger ideas using any one 7 concepts or use of any one global issues
- Close analysis is missing – got the same score last time
- Establishing a theme that the thesis statements connect to
- Having a concluding statement after every paragraph.
- Unpack – more evidence – Visual (heading placement, layout, etc) and Lexical elements
- How do visual and lexical elements connect to create themes or provide ideas?
- How does authorial choice shape meaning?
- Work on sentence structure.
- Use of precise terminologies and literary devices.
- Working on unpacking and analysis – through analysing/ pre-studying the 7 concepts and also the global issues. So that I can center around my main ideas around them.
- Use of correct and appropriate vocabulary related to paper 1
- Time management
- Practising reading more other texts to get to use to reading pace in exam – you spent too much time re-reading the text last time
- Staying focused on the main theme – Criterion C → Organise thesis in order of priority.
- Unpacking visual and lexical elements
Diction – the choice and use of words and phrases in speech or writing.