- How might you identity the text type more effectively and discuss text type conventions?
- Understand the text clearly first and do pre-study of different text types for easy identification of the text during the test.
2. How might you provide more evidence and unpack theme to support your thesis?
- Look more into visual and lexical elements and connect them to the main theme of the text
- Refer to the purpose of the visual and lexical elements
- Look into the tone and registration.
- Analysing “so what?” after stating evidence
- Unpack Language
- Answer the guiding question directly
3. How might you unpack the use of visual elements and their interactions with lexical elements?
- By looking into frame compositions, angle, camera shots, layouts, Rule of thirds
- How visual elements interacts with the lexical elements
- looking into what the image present or symbolise –> “humorous?” “satire?”
–> stick with PEE
–> Prepare beforehand –> know the conventions, styles and structures of different text types.
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1U-E-LkYqwxB-UNPe7RIDIC8btYSo2JJtgjDULzguVGA/edit#slide=id.gbbe11f4658_0_189 –> feedback slide
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h9d2afNdIy8C6iPi3A7jZaVG0wO0Ejrv/view –> Screencast feedback