Student Portfolio

The Story of My Learning Starts Here

Term 3 Tabitha Reflection

| 0 comments

In term 3 of Tabitha GC, we planned and executed events for Aida and the Family Festival. For Aida we sold baked products before the show and during the intermission. For the family festival, we raised money by selling swimsuits donated by a parent owned company.

LO3-Demonstrate how to initiate and plan a CAS experience.

The planning of these projects take a long time. I participated in planning the sales, communicating with the organizers. Our project week planning required research in the service partners as well as activities we would do there.

LO5-Demonstrate the skills and recognise the benefits of working collaboratively.

At the Aida sale, I served many roles in preparing and selling. During the intermission as many people were coming to buy, I took on the organizing role and formed a system where the customers takes order at one session and then pay at the end of the line. This method sped up the process a lot and we were able to make a lot more money.

LO6-Demonstrate engagement with issues of global significance.

For the family festival, we raised money for women and children in Cambodia. The money we made directly went to their house building funds, providing them with housing and shelter. We also learned about the Khmer Rouge and the effects of their regime on the people of Cambodia.