Pottery – During

One learning outcome I have focused on during pottery is learning outcome 2, which is demonstrating that challenges have been undertaken, and I have developed new skills in the process. I think something challenging about this activity was most likely me having the freedom and materials to make whatever I wanted, as I need to exercise my creativity. I think because of this I had to try many different things and was not always able to finish things quickly as I would change my mind on how I was doing it or what I wanted it to look like, which initially was quite frustrating. However, because of this, I was able to improve my creativity while still being able to realize that changing my mind was also part of the process and contributed to the end product.

Another learning outcome was learning outcome 4, which is to show commitment and perseverance in this experience. Referring to what I was talking about earlier, I showed resilience by not giving up on the creations that I was making, even if I changed my mind about their appearance. I maintained motivation for this activity by doing it with my friends and getting positive feedback from the teachers supervising the activity. I was also able to help others as I had previous experience with pottery, which also helped me be able to improve my own skills.