Demonstration

By continuing this global concern throughout Grade 11 and Grade 12 as well, my experience has taught me many things. By becoming media manager and taking care of many different aspects of this global concern, especially due to the new event that had provided a method of growth in both awareness and our ability to help those we are supporting in India, I was able to consolidate my learning and see how it could be applied in a real-world context. My first takeaway was that creativity is a very useful skill to have, and while it isn’t something that can be learned, we are still able to try and think outside the box that we normally confine ourselves within. This helped greatly during the brainstorming process where all of us were trying to think of ideas to place I-India in a place where we would be able to raise both awareness and money as we were still a newer GC, with this being our first year of I-India being included as a high school GC.

In Grade 12, we are unable to take on leadership positions due to this being an opportunity for the students in Grade 11 to begin thinking of how they can take leadership for themselves. This meant that while we weren’t heads of our committees, we were still able to guide the new heads of the committees through the experiences we had the year before. This consolidated my skill of critical thinking, as it allowed us to think critically of the decisions we had made the year before to try and make the event and outcome to be more helpful than it was last year.