Today we chose to do origami with the patients and then after we would have them decorate it and have them write their name on it. I think today we could have been more prepared as Sakura who was supposed to bring the instruction sheet on how to do origami was sick and this meant that Riachny and I didn’t know what to do, but luckily Advait knew how to make a flower so we made those instead. I thought that personally today was very successful because I feel like the patients were more engaged than normal because they weren’t used to seeing origami. Annie, my dementia partner was really a lot more engaged as she likes to colour a lot and as a result she really enjoyed decorating the flower after I had made it. She normally would avoid participating in the task or activity but today she was a lot more active which was a good thing. Today’s personal enhancer was comfort and I think this is a very important thing when talking to the patients because if you talk to them slowly and comfort them, they get less anxious and it results in them being more engaged. I think that if other groups were to plan this again another time, I think they should remember to be prepared and to make sure everyone knows a least a little bit of origami. I also think that there should be an alternative activity as origami is hard and if they do not want to participate in this they can do something else, more simple which they would enjoy otherwise.

– Kasper Lundgaard – 9NVe