FOA2 Reflection

I found that when completing the FOA the second time that it was actually harder in some aspects. I think this was due to the FOA being on a sperate part of the course and therefore the structure, as well as, content, which I used for my first one wasn’t applicable to the second. Hence, when I was structuring my presentation I went through many drafts and reshuffling (I tried around 5 different arrangements of my slides) to ensure it was all relevant and was the most concise it could be.

However, I did find some sections were easier the second time around, such as navigating the criteria. I understood how it was important to find a balance between the context of language and also the style/microelements. This allowed me to have a great grasp on what was necessary to include in this task. At the beginning of the task, while, investigating I find it quite easy to find a topic I was both interested in exploring, and also relevant to the part 2 of the course (mass communication). Furthermore, during the preparation for the presentation, I found some great sources which gave insight into the language of charity, which aided we significantly in my own interpretation of the two texts I used. Overall, presenting the FOA went quite smoothly, I had some bullet points on paper, which gave me confidence while presenting and also ensured I kept on track.