My school experiences

This is my 4th school. Today is my first day of high school. So far it seems interesting but I am nervous to begin classes tomorrow. At the end of this school year, it will have been the longest I have ever been to a school for: I spent one year in a primary school in a small town in Australia, 2 years at an international school in Cairo, 3.5 years at a British school in Spain and this is the beginning of my 4th year at this school.

I have obviously experienced nerves at schools before, especially when starting a new school but some people say “Grade 9 is the first year at school that matters,” obviously school is important and earlier years were important because the gave a good foundation of knowledge for GCSE and IB. However, even though I know this I should avoid being stressed about grade nine I can’t help it because my sister is in grade 12 and I saw how stressed she got for course work and exams a few years back.

So I am nervous about the coming year but I know that I can rely on my sister’s experiences to know how to be prepared.

This year will be very interesting for learning and I am looking forward to when I finish my exams in grade 10 and seeing how far I have come.