I think that Kahaani was overall one of the most rewarding ways in which I was able to finish my activity requirement. I think that it was a nice step up from Culturama, in terms of not only the challenge I endured but having to be good as not only an individual dancer, but a group dancer in the grander scheme of things. For Culturama, the level of interdependence on the entire group was far less than what was required in Kahaani, as in the middle of the dance there is a pretty complex sequence that requires everyone to do their part equally well – for this, I think I was able to largely achieve learning outcome 5, as collaborating well with the entire group proved to be cumbersome at times, but ultimately fruitful.

I also feel that judging from what I was weak at initially in Culturama and working on that in Kahaani was something that benefitted me, as I was able to understand my own self better and have an increased sense of self-awareness. It was imperative that from my first learning experience, I was able to improve, and I think by working on learning outcome 1, I was truly able to achieve this. Lastly, I wanted to also highlight the challenge that I undertook through this, as again this was my second time dancing this year and it was something completely out of my comfort zone. I think it was really important for me to undertake new challenges, as it helped me to understand the grit and perseverance I have as a learner, something that I never realised how much I valued and something that is also part of learning objective 2.

Overall, I think Kahaani was an amazing experience and although the beginning of Grade 12 is too stressful to do Culturama, I will definitely be doing Kahaani again next academic year.

#LO1 #LO2 #LO5