DSA Interim Reflection

It’s really hard to determine what kind of help we are providing our service partners. But something that I realized was that we were making connections with the people we were singing with. After holding a few weeks’ worth of sessions, we found out what works for us as a group. We’re discovering the right dynamic with the people we’re doing the service for. Personally, my own awareness of Down syndrome has increased. Now, it feels like what we’ve been building up to has been diminished. We were supposed to  celebrate Down Syndrome Awareness Day, 21 March, but we got the news that we had to continue classes on a remote basis until  further notice. Remaining hopeful amidst COVID-19 was difficult.  There were changes in policy and we had to consider other avenues of service such as indirect service and advocacy. This was frustrating at first since we were used to physically visiting the DSA and could directly see our efforts being received well.  But I am optimistic that we will return to a state of being able to do good again. 

Learning Outcomes: 4,5