• Be able to organise each session efficiently and implement the plan. (LO3)
  • Improve my Chinese Level (LO2)

For the past 6 lessons and future lessons to come, I took the time to plan each session out to make sure they connect to each other. After getting advice from a real life teacher, I learnt a technique called space repetition which increase the retention rate of the content you learn. I implemented this into my sessions by planning out a 10 min “test” at the start testing material that we covered last week, but also within the lesson, I gave my student a mini test of the content we learnt earlier. My student gave me great feedback that the planning of the sessions and utilising space repetition was very effective for him, so I started doing that for my own practice at home.

I found that during planning each session, I realised the thought that goes through into each session or class that my teachers plan, which was very insightful, but more importantly, while learning techniques to better teach my students/planning out sessions, I am able to plan my own study sessions well and use those same techniques.