EE Day

I decided to shift my research question a bit away from what I was planning to do since there are too many variables that needed to be controlled and considered in the previous one. Instead of investigating the relationship between the slope and the Aimpoint and velocity, I focused on finding the maximum and minimum velocity for a successful putting shot. 

Today, I was mainly working on the design and setup of my experiment. I tried out several methods to shoot the ball horizontally and keep it roll constantly in a straight line. One was to use a shooter, but the size of the golf ball does not fit in the shooter. Another one is rolling the ball down a hill, so the ball gets its velocity and by changing the height the ball is dropped from, the velocity varies; by increasing the height bit by bit, I would also be able to find the maximum height, therefore the maximum velocity for the ball to successfully go into the hole. However, the preliminary data was not really constant. Hence, my next step is to keep modifying and improving the setup of my experiment to reduce the systematic errors as much as possible and get enough data for my EE research. 

Through EE day, I learned that designing an original experiment to test out a model is not that simple; experiment needs to be improved again and again to be as similar as the model and I need always to be open-minded and creative to plan the experiment.

Be First to Comment