Where have I come from? Where am I going?

How have the past two years impacted you?

I have learned that I need to work much harder to achieve the results I want. I have also learned to be more engaged in classes and interact with the teachers and students more actively. On the personal side of things, I have learned that it is better to look at situations through a positive lens and to always assume positive intent, even when negative intent seems obvious. Additionally, I have learned that I need to be more self-critical, as there have been many missed opportunities I could’ve taken to boost my academic prowess and be more productive.

How have your beliefs and values been affirmed or challenged by the pandemic?

The pandemic has led me to realize that I should think more objectively and always look for areas in which I could do better. My feelings are valid, of course, but also are of no use to me when trying to make productive decisions.

What do you want to get out of the next two years?

I wish to maintain relationships with the people I value and take care of my mental and physical health. I also wish to do well in the IB and be admitted to a top level school.

What tools and strategies will you use to face the challenges of the IB?

I will motivate myself whenever I feel burdened with work and make sure to check for and complete any work given to me with enthusiasm and vigour. I will make an effort to manage my non-school time wisely, using some of it to relax but using a fair portion to do some extra research on topics I am interested in or struggling in.