How I work well with others

When working with others I value: that they respect my ideas and can comprise but also share their own ideas to contribute.

What I lose patience with when working with a partner: when they don’t pull their weight and are constantly ignoring my ideas or what I say. Or when they don’t know when to be funny and when to be serious and focus.

If my last collaborative learning experience had a soundtrack it would be:  the lazy song by Bruno Mars. My group didn’t want to do any work and just wanted to mess around and go on their phones, meanwhile, I was doing all the work for the group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lJ79m505Ys 

The number one thing you can do to support me best when we work together is: helping me build my ideas using your ideas so that they are more in depth.

When it comes to tech I am good at:  arranging things on pages and presentations to make it look aesthetically appealing but I need to get better at the more technical side with things like fusion and using software’s.

What people sometimes misunderstand about me when we are teamed up together: is that I am taking charge and directing but really I am just trying to keep people focused so that the job gets done.

2 Replies to “How I work well with others”

1. arnad52378@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg says: Reply

Two things I will try to remember if we are teamed together is to understand that you are trying to keep people focused and make sure I am focused on what you are sharing.

2. alchi19220@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg says: Reply

The most important line in your post for me was ‘when they don’t pull their weight and are constantly ignoring my ideas or what I say. Or when they don’t know when to be funny and when to be serious and focus.’ and that’s because I’ve struggled with seeming ‘bossy’ when I’m actually really anxious to get the work done.

I’ll keep in mind that you need to know that I’m working (because it’s important to me as well) and that communication is key. We need to talk about what we’re doing and how to efficiently work.