Piece by Peace logo design and learning new skills

TEDx client specification. I used one of the specific fonts that the client suggested to try and take into account what the client wanted. I tried to think about what the client as best as I could but at the same time I made something that I liked the look of.

Tell us specifically how research helped this process, and which links you think you need to explore/return to in order to continue with your design.

I think that specifically the research I did on colour matching and having a theme as well as font matching was the most helpful in this process. I think I need to continue to explore font matching as the fonts that the client liked are more designed so I need to match another font for the rest of the logo.

What was the most complicated thing you taught yourself to do? How did you achieve it?

The most complicated thing I taught myself to do would be to download fonts and put them onto my laptop or to be creative in pages in creating logos using shapes. By learning to do this I was able to download some of the fonts that the client had decided they liked so that I could useĀ it for the logo.

Right now, what do you think your design says about both TEDx and the theme Peace by Piece?

I experimented with landscape and portrait logos, both have a jigsaw piece and a peace sign. Since the theme is piece by piece I thought that a jigsaw piece would be a creative way to show this, and then to make it clear that it was peace by piece. I think that I could experiment with another colour scheme with blues and softer tones to symbolise peace and maybe have the dove that is also a symbol of peace. The current colour scheme that I have is the original Ted talk colour scheme of red, white, and black.

Post-it note from the beginning of class: