Student Portfolio

The Story of My Learning Starts Here

Badminton – initial reflection one + progress one

Badminton 

general goal (taken from NYAA): To improve and maintain the technical accuracy of my shots during gameplay.

→ with this I will need to improve my technical skills in general, as well as my stamina+endurance so that I can maintain the proper technique and accuracy for 2 or more sets of gameplay.

I would say badminton is my favourite sport. In previous years, I had not committed as much time to it as I would have liked because I had wanted to balance several activities alongside badminton. Moving into Grade 11, I decided to rethink my activities, in order to cut down and devote more time and energy to what I really wanted to commit to. When I tried out for the team, I feel that a major factor that always helps me get chosen is my accountability and my sense of commitment. Despite being low on energy during the times I have back-to-back activities, I would show up to badminton and give it my best. As I go through IB, I want to be known for more than just my commitment, and add an even greater value of skill to the team as well. Instead of only playing badminton during season/pre-season times, I will be signing up for the camps during holidays or even extra sessions during the week. This way, I can keep my skill level consistent throughout the year, and track my progress more accurately.

Although I may not be the best player on the badminton court, it is an activity I enjoy; where I know that I will not get tired of missing shots, hitting into the net, or losing — as long as I can continue to train and play (allowing me to see personal improvement along with that).

LO1 – identify strengths and areas for growth

LO4 – commitment. showing perseverance and resilience.

crist62302@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg • November 18, 2019

Previous Post

Next Post