Chess Championship 2019

Being part of a Chess tournament in which I participated in a team representing the school was one of the most significant experiences I had in my time doing the IB in UWC. It was very impactful because only as a team we could reach our goal and end up in the first place in the tournament for our category. Even though we did not manage to win every single game, the four of us could manage to cheer each other up in order to have better results in our following games. The results in the tournament are clearly a product of working collaboratively and perseverance. At the end of the tournament, we had different scores that summed differently to our team final score and helped us score a gold medal. However, it did not make any difference between us and no feelings of being better. we celebrated our achievement together. I am very thankful with the school and the activities office because of giving me this opportunity and also because I had a great time playing chess with my team and discussing many things related to the game. It was very interesting.