Throughout my EE process, I saw my research question and topic develop and evolve throughout the entire process. My original topic revolved around the idea of the portrayal of villains in film. I was going to conduct my research around the influences of the most notorious villains. Upon discussions with my supervisor, my research topic evolved into something more meaningful and came to the concept of American exceptionalism. In future, if I were to undertake this research again, I would potentially do a comparison of two films against each other instead of a thorough analysis of a singular film. This would’ve given me the opportunity to analyse the efficiency of each film’s portrayal of American exceptionalism. Comparing two films would give me the opportunity to explore multiple perspectives on American exceptionalism and show the reader a none biased analysis on the concept. I believe the strategies I used in my research process were appropriate for the task. My research incorporated elements of film theory and technique as well as gaining a thorough understanding of the concept of American exceptionalism. It was this blend of film theory and American exceptionalism which allowed me to form an adequate conclusion to my research.