Creativity – STEM Club (Initial Post)

I was very excited to learn that we had a club which focused exclusively on Science and it’s many complexities and applications. As I had never been part of a club in school before, I thought joining the STEM club would be an excellent opportunity for me to develop my critical thinking skills, as well as my communicational skills. Once I attended my first session, I realised that the club’s main focus was simply discussing the nuances, as well as the intricacies of a diverse range of relevant scientific issues/topics. In our most recent session, we discussed the issue of automation and the many problems that arise from that particular field of technology’s advancement. I feel that this dynamic of the club truly enabled me to build upon my collaboration skills, as we are often encouraged to work with the people around us and analyse issues together. Many of the skills I had already learned from other subjects such as Global Perspectives and English were also quite helpful during the activity, as many of these skills revolved around deconstructing complex topics and commenting on them in an efficient and productive manner. In terms of my goals and what I would like to achieve by being a part of this club, I am really interested in writing an article of my own, focusing on an issue/topic that I find to be compelling, scientifically speaking.