With regards to the importance of emotional intelligence, I have learnt to appreciate and understand the importance in leading a successful life and the benefits of have high emotional intelligence in the long run, as opposed to the common theory that a high IQ is all you need to be successful. I personally believe I embrace change, I have a robust emotional vocabulary, I am difficult to offend, I don’t hold grudges and I don’t seek perfection.
I am aware of the emotions I am feeling for a majority of the time, I usually don’t take what others say to heart and try not to get offended as I think it’s a waste of my own time, I don’t like to hold grudges against people as I believe everyone deserves a second chance and I don’t believe in perfection therefore I don’t seek it. I know these things about myself as certain aspects I strongly believe in and others I have realized about myself through experiences in the past.
With regards to my weaknesses I think I find it difficult to appreciate what I have at times, I tend to let people limit my joy and I definitely don’t get enough sleep.
- Although I am aware of all the privileges I have been given and I’m grateful for all the opportunities I have been offered, At times I can compare myself to others and find myself wishing I had what they had. Rather than materialistic wants, I find it difficult to appreciate my appearance and intelligence.
- At times if a friendship of mine is going through a rough patch I tend to let that overpower my mood which leads my happiness to be overshadowed by even the smallest of bumps
- I tend to stay up very late even if I feel tired which is definitely not a good habit as I’m always tired when I reach school or when I wake up in the morning.
In order to better my emotional intelligence I need to work towards getting enough sleep so that I am energetic in the morning’s and ready to handle the day’s tasks. Along with this I need to learn to know when the time is right to think about a problem within my friendship’s or families and not allow the one aspect ruin my entire mood.
Latest posts by firstname.lastname@example.org (see all)Latest posts by email@example.com (see all)
- Alex Advocate at Alexandra Hospital – Final Reflection - January 13, 2020
- EE reflection 3 - December 18, 2019
- Piano grade 12 – Final reflection - December 10, 2019