Helping to coach Girls U19 A Football Team!

Learning Outcome 2 – Demonstrate that you have undertaken, developing new skills in the process

Learning Outcome 4 – Show commitment to and perseverance in you CAS experiences

Learning Outcome 5 – Demonstrate the skills and recognize the benefits of working collaboratively

I have been on the Girls U19 A Football and SEASAC team since grade 9, however this year due to an injury to my knee (full ACL tear, partial MCL tear and damaging my meniscus in 3 parts) which led to me having surgery in June 2017, I was unable to participate in any sports this year. I still wanted to show my commitment to the team and participate, so I decided to talk to Mr.Dinsdale and the new coach Mr.Bowman and see if there was any other way for me to participate. I became the assistant coach, and was able to see everything in a new perspective as I was no longer a player. Some of the things I did as assistant coach was take leadership and create and lead the warmups, work with Mr.Bowman to talk about strategy and players for specific games and tournaments, and to help the girls with some of the observations I had made from watching games and practices. I attended all training sessions, all games (in school and out of school) and weekend tournaments, and would have attended SEASAC in Bangkok if I could however there were a few reasons and issues as to why I was not allowed to go. It was a great experience and I learnt a lot, however I hope I can play on the team again next year!