Urban Gardening Propagation – Midway CAS Reflection II

The garden has grown massively in the past term. We are preparing to deliver orders that go to other parts of campus. We have learned much about what works best for each plant and what doesn’t.

It feels amazing to have knowledge on how to grow, take care of, and propagate plants. I took the challenge of committing to taking care of certain plants and being responsible for them. It is very satisfying to watch everything grow.

It is all very relevant when thinking about really how our food is made,  not just that, but the specific processes that each plant follows in order to grow. I learned that soil is extremely important, and good soil isn’t available all over the world. That is an issue in which we should all be involved in, our survival depends on it at the end. Working with plants can certainly teach you how to be responsible and to care for issues such as the one I mentioned previously.

By engaging in this type of activity, I feel like I can give back to the school, and I feel like I am gaining skills to give back to a larger community after this. I can identify in which way is this topic relevant and how does if affect our local community, I consider being involved into this activity as being socially responsible in a small scale.

For the next season, things will be running down more smoothly, we will receive more orders and we will all have previous knowledge on the caring and propagation of plants.