Tennis -Wellness for life- Reflection #2

As I went through my practice, I realised how continuing my lessons every week was very important–since when I was unable to go in one session, I noticed how I wasn’t able to play as well as I used to in the next session. However, all in all, I did notice some progress within myself, for example how I was beginning to return the ball with less hesitation and could control my arms more than I used to. Even when it doesn’t go so well, my coaches point out what I could change which is very helpful. As a result, I managed to compile a list in my head of what I should be careful of. From them, I also learnt the importance of timing and the necessity to wait. I used to think that it was mostly about the angle and the power to swing the racket, my coaches told me quite frequently to wait before I hit. I still find this difficult, so I hope I can grasp a good timing to swing in the future.

Although of course, there are a lot of challenges for me, I thankfully have coaches that help me often, so I would like to ask support and learn from them.