May 27

How might collaboration have been important to success this term?

In my eyes, collaboration has been a key and vital theme throughout this term for me. I knew that from the very beginning that it was going to be difficult for me to adjust to a whole new school and therefore, I was prepared to not be afraid to ask questions and ask for help if I truly needed. Collaboration with my peers in the boarding house is a huge factor that increased the speed at which I felt comfortable here as they were able to help me understand what was expected from the students in terms of quality of work and behaviour etc. The comradery that was built throughout the term shaped me for better and the fact that my friends and I are able to help each other (collaborate) to solve issues that we are facing creates an atmosphere that is very welcoming and comfortable. Moreover, collaboration in CAS was also apparent as for example in the basketball team all of us try our best to work with one another as we all share one common goal which is to win. Therefore, I often experienced everyone helping and collaborating with one another to create a competitive but helpful atmosphere which ensures the more rapid development in the level of team play as well as chemistry which are the two most vital aspects of the sport. Furthermore, collaboration had a firm role in Culturama as we all collaborated with one another, showing different techniques and skills in dance to help us improve along with the coordination that we had to develop to successfully execute the dance in tandem with each other. Ergo, immense amount of collaboration was used throughout this term and it has been especially important for me and my development here would not be possible without it.

Posted May 27, 2020 by ibane96972@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg in category CAS