CAS Reflection – Piano (LO2 & LO4)

I have been playing the piano for an hour almost every single day in the past 3 months. I am proud of myself for staying on track, and I did so by printing out notes for songs that I enjoy in order to make the process easier for me. I started off by playing a song called Bella’s Lullaby from the Twilight series because I have always loved listening to it but I never really got to play it. I’m happy because I can play it comfortably now, without using notes. I then started playing the song Apologize by One Republic because it has been one of my favorite songs for the past few years. This song took way more time than I previously anticipated because it’s a fast song that requires the quick use of hands as well as making it sound smooth. Although I still can’t play it without looking at my notes, I’m proud of myself for being able to follow through and being able to play it now. My next goal for this song is to slowly start playing it without notes.

I have stayed committed to my goals regarding playing the piano which I am satisfied with because I initially thought I wouldn’t be able to dedicate an hour a day to the piano. But I was able to do so, I tried not to go to bed without playing it and recapping the songs that I have learned. In addition to learning the new songs, I would go over the old ones that I haven’t played in ages, to make sure that I still remember those songs because they remind me of my younger self playing.

Overall, I’m proud of the progress that I achieved and I’m grateful because my mom would help me whenever I would get annoyed because of sloppy mistakes. As the piano is one of the hobbies that I enjoy a lot, I’m further going to add on to my progress by learning even more challenging songs. My other goal is to be able to play a song just by looking at the notes, without breaking the piece apart. I’m looking forward to the next step of this journey.