First Reflection

My firstĀ  impression about the services was very positive. I was wondering how could we directly contribute with the coral reef in the Gili Islands without being there. The idea of the service looked good. Helping with easy things we all could do but at the same time really helping an endangered environment.

Beginnings

There is a lot of things to do and I have the feeling we are going to achieve part of them! or maybe every single goal!

Rising awareness, collecting funds… Very important things that some one needs to make, and I hope this year we are going one step further in saving the coral reef in Gili.

Our fisrt activity was Swimdonesia, a great event in which we run some activities, including a a bouncing castle, with the end purpose of raising awareness between the more little kids. It was a great activity for sure, we had some logistic problmes but at the end we could solve them. It was also the first time I was organaizing an event related to school, so I was feeling a little bit under pressure. But at the end everything went right, we even got congratulated for our great job.

Final Reflection

After participating in other events and engaging more with the team I need to say that the whole experience made me grow as a person and thought me not only a skill like organising and participating in events also how a service works, good ways to rise awareness and creative ways of reaching the people. It also felt great to see how you can make an impact in a global an important issue like coral reef destruction.

Learning outcomes present:

N.1 I am more aware of my strengths and areas of growth

N.2 I undertake new challenges

N.3 I planned and initiated a new activity

N.4 I worked collaboratively with others

N.5 I Show perseverance and commitment

N.6 I engage with a global issue

N.7 I consider the ethical implications of actions

N.8 I develop new skills