CAS reflection- Creativity LO6

This year, I’m participating in Kahaani- a dance showcase conducted by Kolkata GC, raising funds for the Voice of World NGO in Kolkata. This NGO aims to remove the stigma associated with the visually impaired and provides them with educational services, life skills training, social rehabilitation and medical care for visually-handicapped women and children, to enable them to learn how to live independently. The GC uses events such as Kahaani to help raise awareness and funding for their educational projects which includes salaries for teachers, new materials, etc. I’m participating in this event because I truly believe in the empowering aim the GC has and I’d love the opportunity to contribute in any minimal way I can.

I also think it’s a great opportunity to connect with my culture, and build my creative skills as I used to take bollywood dance classes growing up and haven’t had the chance to continue with that given the increasing workload and loss of time, so given that its a dance showcase purely based on indian music and culture, I think it will be a great opportunity to showcase my pride in my culture and make strong bonds with my friends. I think my participation in Kahaani is a good representative of learning outcome 6 which is demonstrating engagement with issues of global significance. I’m attempting to show my passion and desire to learn more about crucial global issues and taking steps towards eradicating them by recognising the issue, showing awareness of the importance of the issue and getting involved in this project. I believe that everyone should be treated the same, without any discrimination and removing stigma from this group of people is essential towards achieving an equal and happy society