7. What impact have my actions had on this global issue

Circus with Blue Dragon:

Recently I was involved in leading our circus nonprofit’s to co-host the Imagine Dragons Circus Extravaganza.

For this show we collaborated with a charity group in our school that raises funds for the Blue Dragon NGO in Vietnam, an NGO which provides education and shelter to former street children and human trafficking victims. The NGO also has a strong Circus Outreach program. Eight of the NGO’s students came over to Singapore in October after doing a few months of circus training; with them, our circus group did a 90 minute circus spectacular. We sold ~300 tickets at $10 a ticket, and raised a total of $6,000 including food and merchandise – all this money will be going towards the NGO’s Circus Outreach program. A write up on the event was featured in our school magazine, the Dunia, and the website here. I will also be visiting the Blue Dragon NGO during my Project Week – a week long service/adventure trip at the end of G11 – and will be doing circus training with them.
My actions have made impact through the following ways:
1. Performing alongside the Blue Dragon kids, who were former human trafficking and street victims, gave them an outlet to showcase their circus skills & build confidence. This connects well to quality education, specifically education with an artistic outlet.
With this performance opportunity, the Blue Dragon performers will have furthered their circus career with potential employment in the circus arts in the future.
2. The show raised $6,000 to continue funding the Blue Dragon’s circus outreach program, which sponsors a professional circus training/instructor from the Cambodian Phare Circus. This will enable Blue Dragon to continue their circus program at least until next year, enabling quality education and better health for their students.