LO1 Awareness: Culturama (Japan)

https://youtu.be/GEu_A7SC9Bs

I learnt a new part of the performance by the leaders who are Camilin and Yuri. At first, I practised the part that I had practised in advance because of the audition. I also taught 10th graders who had not auditioned before on behalf of busy leaders. In this process, I felt great about the leaders who always counted the beats perfectly and taught me to dance accurately. I was embarrassed when I could not dance even I tried to dance at the same time as I counted the beats, but I was satisfied that I had given laughter to many people.

The place where I practised dancing was a place where I would actually perform, so it was very helpful when I danced in that place. It was an opportunity for me to practice dancing on my own without the leader dancing with me in front of me. But I couldn’t see myself through the mirror when I was learning dancing for the first time, so it was a little hard to adjust to how I couldn’t see how I was dancing. While I was showing the part that I learnt in front of my friends, I felt that I was following the progress well through what other people told me after observing me.

I didn’t have much experience learning to dance from my peers and practising fro performances in front of many people. There were short plays, choir competitions, piano competitions, and swimming competitions that showed what I had tried and practised in front of many people, but I was looking forward to trying new things because there was no dance. Moreover, as the things that I performed in front of the people was always for the win, to get the medal, this made me expect a lot of new experiences from Culturama. I was worried that I would not be able to keep up with the dance well, causing harm to other people or falling behind other groups. But unlike what I thought, it was fun and as I didn’t have time to exercise much, I was felicitous to be active while dancing.

What previous experience have I had with an activity like this?

• As I mentioned I had the experiences before similar to Culturama, which require collaboration and responsibilities.

What am I good at? What are my strengths?

• Listening to the leaders and follow up the things as much as I can follow and as fast as I can so that the practice would not be delayed by one person.
  • Learning the dance from the leaders before the actual session so that I can help the leaders to not feel overwhelmed in terms of teaching a big group.

Why have I struggled in some areas?

• The area that I struggled with was catching up the dance as I am not confident with dance in front of the people not yet.