Health Serve Migrant Workers 2 (LO2 & LO7)

After two seasons of service with the health serve migrant workers service, I decided to leave the service for few concrete reasons. Here is a reflection of my experience in this service. From season 3 to 4, I would be participating in a new service called “MINDS AMK” lead by Ms Venus Liu. Huge thanks to Mr Sanjay Perera and Ms Susan Allan for their contribution to Health Serve Migrant Workers Service.

3 Responses

1. logan19657@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg says:

Really clever how you incorporated LO7 into this blog post. Nice format as well, the audio recording allowed you to explain both thoroughly, but also in your own voice.

2. she@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg says:

Thank you JK, I can understand how you may have become frustrated with a service when it may not be running smoothly. Perhaps this can be an opportunity to observe the challenges that services in the world face. I like that you have addressed the ethical issue of whether you as a G11 individual could deal with responsibility of the help line.

3. sal@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg says:

Hi JK, I hope that despite the frustration you have educated yourself about migrant workers and the legal protection there is. Remember inquiry is also part of the service learning cycle and may be in the future this is a group of people you could be involved in supporting.
    Dr A