CAS Reflection #1: Pottery (LO3, LO1)

This year the creative activity I signed up for CAS is pottery after school on Monday. The reason why I signed up for this particular activity was because the last time I did pottery was back in middle school and I remember enjoying it a lot.

Some aspects of CAS I am looking forward to is meeting new people and learning new skills. I am really interested in seeing how my art skills and creativity will develop over the course of time I do pottery as well as reflect on how creating pottery might have helped me with school. Another thing I am looking forward to is meeting new people as due to the covid situation, in classes and in break it is harder to socialize with new people. Pottery gives me a chance to meet people that are not in my grade and interact with students that are new to the community.

How I will plan my CAS reflections is by effectively setting up a schedule so that I have time to write my reflections and thoughts. On Fridays I will update my CAS reflections and if I cannot manage to post it on Friday then I will post on Sunday or Monday depending on how busy I am. (LO3, planning)

I finished making a flower pot for my mom so in the upcoming session I will paint it a blue colour as that is one of her favourite colours.

I think if I were to identify my strengths and weaknesses so far for pottery making, some of my strengths would be that it’s easy for me to make an object out of clay as I am familiar with the tools. In middle school we did do a unit in clay making for Grade 7 and 8 so I distinctly remember some of the techniques my teacher taught me. My weakness or area of improvement would be that I’m finding it difficult to focus on pottery and get started on making/finishing my product. I found that I would procrastinate a lot in the first ten minutes and then finally continue from where I left on. (LO1, strengths and weaknesses)